CEU Trainings

Public Health Acupuncture of New Mexico
Spring, 2019 Continuing Education

Registration Form Here

NM Acudetox Supervisor Training  with Nityamo Lian, DOM MPH
Fri, March 8th 10.00-2.00pm                                           4 CEUs                  $60
2509 Vermont St NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110
Free for current acudetox supervisors!

Go on, admit it, you’ve always wanted to know what it would take to be an acudetox supervisor, right? Or if you are a current supervisor you are dying for a chinwag with others in the trade! This training will go over the laws and requirements as well as the common pitfalls and joys of being a supervisor. We will also practice and compare our NADA point locations. Lots of useful paperwork will be made available to you.

Data Safety  with Steve Malins, DOM
Fri, March 8th  3.00-5.00pm                                           2 CEU                    $30
Approved for 2 NCCAOM Ethics CEUs
2509 Vermont St NE, Albuquerque, NM

You will learn best practices for handling patient data and complying with the basic obligations of HIPAA, HITECH and Omnibus (Yep, there are two more than you thought!) We will explore practical tools and create an action plan to help you meet these obligations.

The Color of Meridians with Peggy Creelman, DOM
Sat,  March 23rd                 9.00-1.00pm                       4 CEU                    $60
Location TBA Santa Fe, NM

Did you know that meridians can be shown to align with a single color and these colors are reflected in the pulse and on the Shu points? Peggy Creelman has years of experience, experimenting with the traditional vs experiential theories of Chinese medicine. She demonstrates how to identify the colors of meridians using muscle testing among other techniques. Students will get ample practice in demonstrating for  themselves the colors of the meridians.

Distal Acupuncture for Pain with Steven Malins, DOM
Fri, April 5th   9.00-1.00pm                                          4 CEU                    $60
2509 Vermont St NE, Albuquerque, NM

How do those Community Acupuncture people treat low back pain in a reclining chair? Are points on the limbs, head and ears really as effective as local points? We reveal our deepest secrets and give you plenty of hands-on experience! You learn how to treat any type of pain in a community, group or post-disaster setting where patients remain fully clothed. These techniques can be combined with your favorite techniques for  private practice, too.

Miriam Lee Techniques with Nityamo Lian, DOM, MPH
Fri, April 5th         2.00-5.00pm                                    3 CEU                    $45
2509 Vermont St NE, Albuquerque, NM

Dr Miriam Lee was a pioneering acupuncturist in the United States. During the height of her practice, she saw up to 14 patients an hour and worked 80 hour weeks. She developed a combination of points that have wide application to many conditions – she said 80% of conditions, thereby giving her time to think about the other 20%.. We find her ideas especially useful for auto-immune,  diabetes,  and asthma or common colds. Her techniques are elegant and suitable for all practices including community acupuncture style.

The Power of Observation  with Selah Chamberlain, DOM, MAEC
Fri, April 19          10-1, 2.00-5.00pm                          6 CEU                    $90
Location TBA, Santa Fe, NM

The Five-Phases theories of observation of color, sound, odor and emotion are explained and put into practice in this class. We will use subtle signs to formulate a diagnosis for new patients,  observe changes during a treatment, and know when to change a treatment based on these observations. Selah Chamberlain  was trained at the Worsley School in Five Phases and has more than thirty years of experience in applying these methods.

CA CEUs (# CEP 810) for all classes. NCCAOM accepts CA CEUs for recertification.

These seminars are organized to support Public Health Acupuncture of New Mexico – a 501(c)3 public charity. Our mission is to promote the use of acupuncture to improve the health of New Mexicans.

Registration Form