Public Health Acupuncture of New Mexico is a 501c3 non-profit dedicated to making acupuncture accessible in New Mexico.
Our activities include a community acupuncture clinic in Albuquerque, ear acupuncture for addictions (acudetox) programs, acudetox trainings, continuing education in public health topics for acupuncturists, a NM medical reserve corps and program evaluation.
The mission of Public Health Acupuncture of New Mexico is to promote the use of acupuncture to improve the health of people, to reduce health disparities, and to develop a public health acupuncture practitioner workforce for New Mexico.
We achieve this by:
- Promoting the use of acupuncture for public health applications
- Providing support in starting up accessible low-cost acupuncture clinics
- Providing support in starting up acupuncture addiction programs
- Training practitioners
- Evaluating programs and communicating outcome results
Acudetox (ear acupuncture for addictions) programs
- Provide acudetox treatments to people affected by substance use and addiction.
- Provide technical support to substance user treatment, prevention and harm reduction programs to develop acudetox and other acupuncture programs.
- Provide acupuncture supplies, insurance, and supervision (as required by law) on a case-by-case basis for acudetox programs and specialists.
- Evaluate acudetox and other programs and communicate their effectiveness to the public.
- Advocate for acudetox programs and clients.
Community Acupuncture Programs
Provide affordable acupuncture services .
- Train acudetox (ear acupuncture for addictions) specialists.
- Train acupuncturists in public health acupuncture skills.